If you’ve been following along with us you will know that we recently finished reading 30 psalms in 30 days. There are a lot of lessons in those first 30 chapters so I wanted to spend a little time sharing some of the lessons that I learnt with you.
1. When I delight in and meditate on the word of God I will flourish Psalm 1:2&3
2. God has claimed me as his child so whatever I ask of him he will grant me Psalm2: 7-8
3. God is my shield. When I cry out to him he will hear and rescue me Psalm 3:3-4
4. God has sanctified and set apart those who would walk with him Psalm 4:3
5. God does not take pleasure in wickedness nor is he in any way evil Psalm 5:4
6. We should praise God while we have breath, we can’t praise him when we’re dead. Psalm 6:5
7. When we walk with integrity before God, we know that we receive righteousness from Christ and are judged accordingly Psalm 7:8
8. We should feel highly privileged that the God who created all things wants a relationship with us. Psalm 8:3-5
9. When we know God, we realize that everything about him increases our trust in him. Psalm 9:10
10. Ultimately God is in control. Psalm 10:17
11. Even if the earth is destroyed, trust God. Psalm 11:3-4
12. We can believe God because his words are true and have stood the test of time. Psalm 12:6
13. God doesn’t change. The mercy that he offered to our forefathers after the fall from grace is still evident and freely available today. Psalm 13:5-6
14. To seek God is to first understand and acknowledge that he is God. Psalm 14:2
15. The characteristics of a man who can stand before God can be found in the verses below:
He who walks uprightly,
And works righteousness,
And speaks the truth in his heart;
He who does not backbite with his tongue,
Nor does evil to his neighbor,
Nor does he take up a reproach against his friend;
In whose eyes a vile person is despised,
But he honors those who fear the Lord;
He who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
He who does not put out his money at usury,
Nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. Psalm 15:2-5
16. When God is with us nothing can move us. Psalm 16:8
17. It is God who keeps us faithful, not our personal endeavors. Psalm 17:5
18. Nothing is hidden from God. Psalm 18:11
19. God’s word is powerful and life-changing.
The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold,
Yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.
Moreover by them Your servant is warned,
And in keeping them there is great reward. Psalm 19:7-11(emphasis added)
20. Those who rely on their own strength will eventually be defeated; but those who trust in God will rise victorious. Psalm 20:7-8
21. All that we have comes from God: blessings, life, glory, honor… Psalm 21:3-6
22. Our duty as children of God is to tell of his goodness and praise him all the days of our life. Psalm 22:22-23
23. Jesus is the Good Shepherd who takes care of both the sheep and the goat. He provides, protects, guides and restores. Psalm 23:2
24. We have to desire and seek relationship with God. Psalm 24:6
25. God reveals himself to those who seek him desiring an intimate relationship with him. Psalm 25:14
26. Jesus should be our role model – he’s the one we should keep our eyes on. Psalm 26:3
27. When God is the guiding force of our lives we have nothing to fear. We have a lighthouse; the other team only has a lit match. Psalm 27:1
28. If God gave us according to our deeds would we be able to bear it? Psalm 28:4
29. All praise belongs to God. Psalm 29:2
30. God will not remain angry with us forever. Sooner or later he will relent in the same way that we will not weep forever. One day we will have joy.
For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5
Feb 15, 18 03:53 PM
In June 2017, hyped up on YouTube videos featuring women of color with waist-length hair, I embarked on a hair journey.
Feb 08, 18 12:47 PM
I've been thinking a lot about growth recently. Specifically I’ve been focusing on personal growth and growing in Christ.
Feb 01, 18 09:14 PM
A Review of Karen Ehman’s Let. It. Go.