Typically when we hear the word we think weight loss or getting in shape. Rarely do we consider the word’s alternate meanings. Yet there is such a thing as exercising our faith.
The Online Dictionary defines exercise as:
(1) An activity requiring physical effort, carried out especially to sustain or improve health and fitness
(2) A task or activity done to practice or test a skill.
(3) A process or activity carried out for a specific purpose, especially one concerned with a specified area or skill.
(4) A military drill or training maneuver.
(5) The use or application of a faculty, right, or process.
(6) Use or apply (a faculty, right, or process).
(7) To occupy the thoughts of; worry or perplex.
Whew! That’s a lot of meanings for one word. But, for let’s focus on this one:
“Exercise is a process or activity carried out for a specific purpose, especially one concerned with a specified area or skill.”
When we want to fit into a particular outfit we do a lot of physical exercise. Similarly, if we want to develop a particular skill or muscle, we have to exercise that trait.
We exercise when we make a focused effort.
We exercise when we make it a goal and become intentional in making it happen.
Oct 31, 17 06:32 AM
Isn’t it interesting that when David wished for the wings of a dove the thing he wanted most was to be at rest?
Oct 30, 17 06:40 AM
We are refined through affliction. I wish I could tell you otherwise but faith grows in those hard to bear moments.
Oct 29, 17 10:47 PM
Follow me. If you were to make the request, are you worth following?